This is an agreement between you and Inheritance magazine (“Publisher):
Work. You agree to contribute an original article/story/illustration/photography/art and provide your bio and headshot (the “Work”).
Rights Granted. You grant to Publisher the following intellectual property rights in the Work:
- Worldwide first serial rights (exclusive first publication of the Work), unless otherwise stated. If, however, Publisher does not publish the Work within twelve (12) months of acceptance, this right shall revert to you.
- Nonexclusive worldwide right to include the Work in anthologies, reprint editions, adaptations, or collections of articles.
- Nonexclusive right to use selections from the Work in the advertising and promotion of Publisher and Publisher’s website.
- All rights to the Work not specifically granted above are reserved by you. You retain copyright to the Work. When publishing the work on your own, please do not include work that is not your own. i.e. If you have written an article, please do not post accompanying art on your own site.
- If the Work is subsequently republished elsewhere, please clearly state somewhere that the Work was first published by Publisher and include a link back to the original work on Publisher's website. A possible way of citing could read: "This article was first publishedin Issue #XX of Inheritance magazine, and can be read at [URL]
Warranty. You warrant that to the best of your knowledge the Work does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, contract, or proprietary rights of others, or contain anything libelous or defamatory, and you agree to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless against any final judgement resulting from the falsity of the foregoing warranties.
Compensation. All contributors of Publisher are considered volunteers and will be offered an honorarium of $50. Compensation will be distributed within thirty (30) days of responding to this offer.
Editorial changes. Publisher may revise, edit, condense, or otherwise alter the Work (per Publisher’s style guide), but will make no substantive changes in text, meaning, or graphic content without your permission.
- No modification to this Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- The parties acknowledge that each party has read and understood this contract before execution.
By contributing, you agree to the above statements, unless otherwise noted on a case-by-case basis. Thanks for your contribution to Inheritance!